Thursday, December 4, 2008

Acción de Gracias

My family visited me for Thanksgiving! Unfortunately I didn't get time off, but I still got to see them for a few days. On Thanksgiving day we went to Corral de la Moreria for dinner and flamenco; it was a great show and it was nice to share with everyone.
The day after my family was able to come with my program to a day trip to Segovia. It was a nice small historical city, and we had a really traditional lunch. They brought us to a place famous for its roast suckling pig.. yeah. They bring them out, head and all, and have a girl come up and cut it with a plate to demonstrate its tenderness. I couldn't stomach all of mine, but it was nice that the program took us, and it was definitely a valuable cultural experience for my family.
The next day we spent hours in the Prado, which was nice, because now I finally think I am done with that museum.. My dad went to the Thysseun on his own because he is even more of a rally-er than me, and I just hung out with my mom and brother in their hotel room.
In general I ate a lot of awesome food; one of the best things about family visiting is being able to go to nice restaurants with an unlimited budget.. We had great paella and tapas and a lot of seafood ..
It was great to see my family, especially because it is holiday season.. It is hard to notice in Madrid; there are some lights, but in general it is nowhere near Rockefeller Center or even Macys. I am super excited to get back and revel in spectacular secular decorations : )

No comments: